Description of services
MARKETING, PROMOTIONS AND GAMING LAWThe firm maintains an extensive practice in the rapidly developing fields of Internet marketing, online poker, games of chance and skill, fantasy sports, advertising, sweepstakes, promotions, intellectual property, data collection, data use and privacy law. In an increasingly competitive marketplace and constantly evolving regulatory environment, we guide our clients through the regulatory and corporate obstacles to participation in these growing sectors.
We provide advice on state and federal regulatory and policy issues, and represent clients before regulatory agencies, the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (TTAB) and federal and state courts in connection with matters concerning Internet marketing, online poker, games of chance and skill, fantasy sports, advertising, sweepstakes, promotions, intellectual property, data collection, data use and privacy law.
Our Attorneys Strive:
- To provide vital assistance to clients confronting complex legal and business matters in the constantly fluctuating Internet and gaming marketplaces.
- To assist clients in structuring new gaming ventures, and to provide Internet advertising and marketing counseling with an emphasis on risk analysis.
- To guide clients through the ever-evolving Internet gaming legal framework, on both state and federal levels.
- To represent clients before the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and various other governmental regulatory bodies.
- To vigorously assert the rights of our clients through litigation in an effective and cost-effective fashion.
- To protect our clients' intellectual property rights through prompt registration and diligent enforcement.
MarketingThe firm advises those of its clients who engage in telemarketing, Internet, email, SMS and direct marketing on current federal and state laws and regulations, such as CAN-SPAM, COPPA, TDDRA, TCPA, ATSR, GLBA and FCRA. In addition, we regularly negotiate and draft insertion orders, affiliate agreements, advertiser agreements, joint marketing agreements, licensing agreements and related contracts. We also respond to customer inquiries and represent clients before the FTC, state attorneys general and in federal and state courts.
PromotionsThe firm's attorneys advise clients on structuring, operating and advertising a wide variety of promotions and gaming options including, but not limited to, sweepstakes, online poker, games of chance and skill, fantasy sports, as well as gift cards, rewards programs and customer loyalty programs, whether provided via Internet, mobile telephone, SMS, television, radio or direct mail.
For gaming ventures, the firm handles all of the promotional rules, creative review, regulatory compliance matters, as well as the license application process for gaming companies.